- Because of these things
- A browser is a piece of software, downloaded or already included on your computer.
- DNS Servers maintain a directory of Domain Names and translate them into IP addresses.
- Web browsers and servers are a client-server program. the client must request the browser that is connected to a server.
- a URL is a link to a specific site when an IP is giving information to a host network
- Key Terms:
- WEB & IM & Email & FTP
IIS: Internet Information Services (IIS) is a Microsoft web server. It “provides a secure, easy-to-manage, modular and extensible platform for reliably hosting websites, services and applications” (Microsoft) so you can host your own sites and servers. It is a flexible web server, and it is used often.
OS x server: OS x server is an Apple software that can do:
- screen sharing
- printer sharing
- file sharing
It is similar to IIS, but Apple made it and its a bit different because it has different creators
- you can use the themes to add color so your blog is boring black and white
- themes can change the layout and feel for a blog
- New Admin Features
- we can change are theme
- we can change are blog title
- we can right or post in the text box which is HTML
- we can change the background of are admin space
- why use nest menus?
- organizes the pages you have in to categories
- shows what posts are related two each other
- HREF=”(Link to something here)”
- Target=”(Opens the link in a new tab)”
- Img=”(Folder of project/Image name)”
- YOU WANT IMAGES SAVED ON COMPUTER!
- Usually are one to two letters
- Have to be closed up
- Size of text
- Size of width
- Number of pixels
For Each of your projects you want a new folder. In that folder you need index.html and a images folder and a link to what you are making in google or Bing something else.
A WAN is a wide area network that can be used by one organization or everyone. It is a LAN that covers more space. The internet is a WAN